Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My Canon M5650 printer is printing out a huge number of copies

My Canon M5650 printer is printing out a huge number of copies when I only ask for 1 copy. It is set up with wireless connection.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is still printing out what I asked it to print 1 copy of before I unplugged it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksAre you on a windows or mac computer? And connecting to the printer via wireless or a cable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On a windows laptop with wireless connection
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksPress the windows key + R and type inservices.mscpress enterLocate in the list print spoolerClick it and click restartTell me please if this stops the printing.,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still printing I am afraid.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, remove the power to the wifi router while it is printing, is it still then printing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Printing stopped.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, and when you power on the wifi router, does it start printing again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I turn on the router again to send you the message printing resumes.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, go to devices and printers.Right click on your printer and select See whats printing.You see a document there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says no documents in queue
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What is the make and model of your wifi router.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have just asked it to print one copy . It has printed one copy and stopped and says no documents in the queue. Problem appears to be solved.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Great! took a lot of clearing to get rid of it but it was stuck in the routers memory, it will be ok now.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you