Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

My MG 3650 printer does not align.

My MG 3650 printer does not align.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. How old is the printer? measured from date of original purchase. What error message did the attempt to auto-align produce? Are you using genuine Canon OEM-original cartridges? Any number of problem could produce a failure to align cartridges. I will need more data to judge as to what the error is, and how to fix it if possible. (But if using Canon-'compatible' cartridges, that itself could perhaps be the cause.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is just a month old. The misalignment started when I removed some jammed paper.The error message was alternatively flashing lights (on and alarm) when it was meant to scan the alignment printout.I am using Canon original cartridges
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Can you do a photocopy with the printer, or does that also bring on the alternately flashing lights?Check your scanner's lock switch, that it is in the unlocked position. Let me know, before I advise you further. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photocopies can be done but the copy is also misaligned. Where is the scanner's lock switch?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
The scanner's lock switch is irrelevant to the problem, if you can actually do a photocopy. The photocopy should be misaligned, if the printer is. The point was: is the failure to align owing to inability to scan? since a photocopy can be done, the scanner is not the problem. Try the process of automatic alignment over again, from scratch, according to whatever instructions you have. If an error message is the result, at what point, and what exactly, word for word, is the error message, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It now worked!!! - No idea why it did not last time
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I think it is a matter of just not confusing either yourself, nor the printer. A regular procedure, starting from scratch, can help with both possible causes of errors, a lot. I'm glad to hear the problem is resolved! Please rate my answer, so that this case may be closed. Thanks, ***** ***** luck for the future.