Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

My Pixma iP6000D has stopped printing and started, repeatedly

Customer Question

My Pixma iP6000D has stopped printing and started, repeatedly for the past few days but has completed the task. It has now stopped printing completely so I have disconnected it completely for 10/15 mins as suggested in the handbook. What do you think ?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It may need cooling off if it has been staggering along for days. For at least 2 hours.It may be nearing the end of its useful lifetime. How old is the printer in question? Check the printer queue. Also, in the printer driver settings, enable the setting that says 'print directly to printer' in order to eliminate print spooling on your computer, which might be ailing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks... when I turned it back on, and tried again it did print out but stopping and starting and then said ..ERROR CODE 5200. What does that mean ?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
That can mean... uncertain things. Some say it happens with cartridges that were refilled irregularly. Some say it means the printer needs a reset. Are you using regular Canon OEM-original cartridges ?What ink levels are in the cartridges? (it probably doesn't matter.)