Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have an EOS 700 which I think is faulty. It still takes a

Customer Question

I have an EOS 700 which I think is faulty. It still takes a perfect photograph but when you depress the shutter button half way, the image does not appear on the screen and when you switch it to "Video" mode the shutter closes and you are unable to see anything through the view finder. Then if you depress the shutter button completely it does not take a video but takes a single frame. Broken? Can you fix it?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you remove the battery please then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.Wait 5 minutes, put the battery back in and try to turn it on and use it.Tell me please if it now operates correctly pleaseThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I cannot detect any difference
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard reset it. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this replaced. It it will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you