Shahid
Shahid, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been repairing Digital Cameras as qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Sony Cyber-Shot (DSC-HX1) displays "Reinsert the Memory

My Sony Cyber-Shot (DSC-HX1) displays "Reinsert the Memory Stick" but doing this makes no difference. The Camera and memory stick have not been damaged and were working perfectly before I came home from holiday. Any clues please?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Do you get "Reinsert the Memory Stick" message even without memory card in camera?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - camera internal memory works fine to take pictures without the memory stick
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, so "Reinsert the Memory Stick" dislay popped when insert memory stick in camera.Have you tried another memory stick in camera?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - at the moment don't have another memory stick. Also, message "C13.01" appears on view screen along with message to reinsert memory stick.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have just successfully printed photos from the memory stick at Tesco's, but still getting reinsert message when memory stick is put back in camera.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, have you tired to format memory stick through camera?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Camera will not let me do anything - press any button and up comes the reinsert message
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi Graham,Please try camera with another memory stick to see if it works.If camera gives same error message then this is not good, since other memory card worked at Tesco to print the pictures that indicates memory card slot contact(s) has became defective, not contacting memory stick terminals for some reason and causing the issue. Unfortunately the memory stick slot is mounted on main board (SY-218 board) and it requires precise and very good soldering work with proper tools to get it replaced. This kind of work should be done by nearest Sony service center tech to avoid any further damage to camera. I can provide you part number of memory card slot if required but soldering work needs real hands on camera, that type of repair may cost good money and probably you would buy new camera in that amount so ask repair estimate that will help you to make decision.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions. A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your effprts