Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a Canon MG4150 printer displaying 'Printer error has

Customer Question

I have a Canon MG4150 printer displaying 'Printer error has occurred. Please contact the service centre'. The display includes a number 5BO2. The printer is inoperative. This occurred as I turned on the printer this morning.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the fault is recurring.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** do the following pleaseTurn off the printerOpen the coverTurn on the printerWait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half wayBefore print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.Leave the Printer turned on.Tell me if this clears it please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the cartridges don't move.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. We have ruled out all other causes for this. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you