Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have owned a Power Shot A710IS years with no

I have owned a Power Shot A710IS for several years with no problems. It has suddenly stopped working. Briefly gives a change batteries prompt with fully charged batteries before shutting down. I would appreciate your advice. Regards, ***** *****
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you remove the battery please then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.Wait 5 minutes, put the battery back in and try to turn it on.Tell me please if it now startsThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lens housing has partly extended, shutter stays open, screen lights up momentarily before going off. Heve tried your sequence twice with the same result Conclusion?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you turn it upside down and put it on something that vibrates like an electric razorThen try to turn it on and off a few timesDoes it then function?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried the latest fix with an electric toothbrush and electric hair clippers. Screen lights for a few seconds with the low battery symbol flashing before going blank with the 'change the batteries, message
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. This now confirms it. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you