nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

Powershot A800. my camera won't switch on. I have checked

Powershot A800.
Hi my camera won't switch on. I have checked the batteries and they are full powered. Nothing whatsoever happens when I press the on/off button. Any ideas?/
Thanks, Jerry
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jerry. Welcome to justanswer.Have you replaced the batteries with the new ones and then tried? If still the camera is not turning on then the possible fault is with the internal power circuitry due to which the device is not getting sufficient power to function properly. Dissembling the camera is required to find to fault. If it is under warranty then contact Canon as they will repair it for free. Else take it to a local repair center and they will do it for you.Reply if you have any other query.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes as I said Nathan I did replace the batteries. Unfortunately the camera is not under warranty.Jerry
Then the problem is with the circuitry Jerry. You will need to take it for repair as this fault requires inspecting camera's internal components. If you have any other question, then reply for further assistance.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.
Jerry do you have any other question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no that's fine thanks Nathan. I think I may as well throw the camera away.Jerry
That's totally upto you Jerry. Don't forget to rate the chat. Thanks.