Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

I have an Olympus Pen Lite camera, with two lenses. (a) Olympus

I have an Olympus Pen Lite camera, with two lenses. (a) Olympus 14-42 mm, 1:3.5-5.6EZ
and (b) Olympus Digital 40-150mm 1:4-5.6R. Both lenses were bought with the camera in April 2016.
Both lenses worked well, and the for no apparent reason the first lens (14-42) gives the message "Please check the status of a lens". The second lens still works well.
Can you diagnose the problem for me.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If the 'first' lens worked OK at first, something has gone wrong, I think. Perhaps dirt got on the contacts (metal surfaces on the lens mount side of the lens assembly, that have corresponding metal contacts on the camera body size of the lens assembly), in which case, it might be invisible but still there. To treat that possible cause, take a clean dry soft cloth, and gently rub those contacts off on the lens mount of the first lens, without touching them otherwise or with your fingers, and taking care not to rub the very thin coating off them - so rub them off gently. Then re-mount that lens, turn On the camera body, and see how it goes. This error may have to do with many things, just one of many things most likely. So if you can get the lens working again, try slowly putting it through its paces, different settings that affect the lens, and take note where the 'breakover point' or point at which the failure seems to happen, might be - if the failure does recur but not instantly. If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with almost 30 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today. A diagnosis at this stage would be premature. Like all electronic devices, it will take some troubleshooting to find and correct the problem. This is better done first hand. Since the lens is still new, it will still be covered under warranty if it was bought through an accepted dealer. I would check with them first for a repair recommendation. Please provide a positive Rating so that I may be credited for my efforts. If I can be of further assistance, please ask rather than leave a negative response. Thank
Rick, Technician
Experience: I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business