Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

After upgrading to latest El Capitan on my iMac, Canon MX925

Customer Question

After upgrading to latest El Capitan on my iMac, Canon MX925 AirPrint from my iPad stopped working giving error code 1007, no paper in upper tray. This is wrong, there is paper and I can print wirelessly from the iMac, so,it is a software issue connected to OSX update and AirPrint.
I have re-installed latest Canon drivers and firmware is also up do date. I cannot find any reference to this issue on Apple and Cannon bulletin boards. Is there a fix?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I suggest that you remove AirPrint from your iPad.Then restart your iPad, so that it actually reboots.Then, and only after that reboot, you should re-install AirPrint on the iPad, from the latest version you can find - a version of AirPrint that is subsequent to the issue of El Capitan. That is likely to help with the obvious misperception of the updated printer as having a paper-out condition in a tray.