Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My Canon 2950S printer keeps telling me there is a paper jam

My Canon 2950S printer keeps telling me there is a paper jam and although I have cleared the jam the problem isn't resolved, please help
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have just turned my printer back on, stop light is flashing and I'm getting a paper jammed message
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, remove all the paper, open the printer and check for any pieces, no matter how small as these can cause the sensor to trigger.Do you see anything at all Linda?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can see nothing at all
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you remove the power and then use a vacuum cleaner and vacuum it out.Then power it on and tell me if this clears the message please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have vacuumed and there is still the stop light flashing, paper is being taken but only part way then stops and I still get paper jammed message
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is a paper sensor or the mainboard that has faulted. We have now ruled out all other causes for this I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you fro your help, looks like I'll be researching for a new printer in the next few days