Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

My son changed the printer inks a WEEK ago on MY CANON PIXMAR.

Customer Question

my son changed the printer inks a WEEK ago on MY CANON PIXMAR. They appear to be correctly placed and he has done them before. They are the right inks 40 and 41 they are the proper inks. The printer will not print and it keeps telling me that the printer is not responding. The printer keeps flashing 1E and then 7E. What do I need to do please?
Alison
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I suggest that you do a hard reset, as a first try to correct the situation.(1E and 7E error codes mean that the Black Fine Cartridge is not in the correct position... and probably, the Black Common cartridge is exchanged with it and also not in the correct position.)So hold off on the hard reset.... just open the printer, access the inks, and take out the two black inks, double-check their positions in the printer's carriage, and reverse the position of the two inks.If that clears the E01 and E07 errors - which is how they are supposed to be read, with the E first - then no need for a hard reset, I don't think. But if the errors don't immediately clear once the printer's cartridge bay is closed and the cover over it closed also, within at least 15 or 20 seconds, then you must try turning it Off for 10 minutes, then turning it On again. There's some hope in this case. If what I suggest about the two black cartridges does indeed cure the problem, then please rate my answer favorably, so that this case may be closed. Thanks.