Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

My MG 5350 stopped printing mid page and indicated it was switched

My MG 5350 stopped printing mid page and indicated it was switched off. Have checked all connections and it will not power up. No lights on and ink carrier still halfway across the half printed page. Any suggestions?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Perhaps a power surge came through the wall outlet and damaged your printer to the extent of causing it to shut Off.Or perhaps, your outlet's GFI needs a reset, or even the central circuit breaker needs a reset. Test this simply by either pressing the reset button on the GFI (if your outlet has it, a pair of buttons between the two outlets is generally a GFI breaker), or by checking the breaker status in your dwelling or office's breaker box, or even more simply by plugging a different device into that outlet and seeing if it power up (or not.) (If it doesn't power up, likely the outlet is at fault, though there could still be a fault in the printer also.) If the outlet in the wall (the mains) is indicated by the above as being OK, then leave the printer unplugged and not On (of course) for at least 2 or 3 hours. Pick up the printer and shake it to and fro a little if you have the upper body strength to do so without dropping it. See if it rattles or has something metallic-sounding sliding around in it (- I am thinking, a paper clip loose inside it, could have crossed two wires and turned it Off by shorting something out.) After those 2 or 3 hours (and shaking it if possible) try the printer again.Let me know what you find out, please. I want to see this case to a good conclusion.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the favorable rating. Let me know what happens, and I will advise you further of course, as needed.