Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a Finepix S1900 but the sd card wont click in the slot

I have a Finepix S1900 but the sd card wont click in the slot in the camera and the camera wont then recognise the card.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you remove the card and use a Vacuum cleaner to clean out the slot, then try to insert the card again Tom and tell me if it now clicks in please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just used vacuum cleaner over the slot and still not clicking in. Can't feel engagement of spring.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, use a match stick and push it in with this to see if you can get it further enough for the lock to engage.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not clicking in.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you try a different SD card and tell me if this has the same issue please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried both a 2gb and 4gb sd cards, still not clicking in.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal sprint or locking mechanism that has faulted. Usually its the locking mechanism which is a plastic construction that locks and unlocks on a press I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you