Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My Canon iP4600 printer is showing an error (B200). The

My Canon iP4600 printer is showing an error (B200). The green and ***** *****ghts are flashing alternately. I have consulted the user manual which states to switch the printer off and then unplug it. If the problem still continues after switching the printer back on, consult your Canon service representative.
Your advices please.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No joy - it's still the same.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanksTurn off the printerOpen the coverTurn on the printerWait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half wayBefore print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.Leave the Printer turned on.Tell me if it clears it please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seemed OK, but I just tried to print something and the same thing has happened again.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, repeat the last instructions again as it can take two goes to clear it.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've just tried 3 more times. The ***** *****ght went out and the green light remained on. I tried to print and the printer seemed to be going through the usual motions, so I thought that success was near, but then the green light went out and the printer switched itself off!! I tried switching it back on, but it's as dead as a dodo! Sounds like I need a new printer!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If the warrant has expired, do not pay for a repair, in the long run it is cheaper to replace the entire printer. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh well, it was worth a try. Thanks for your assistance.