Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Canon CP 730 Printer Printing happily when suddenly, reason,

Canon CP 730 Printer
Printing happily when suddenly, for no reason, the upper portion of prints were fine but thelower half faded into white. Tried replacing ink cartridge and paper but to no avail. What do I try next ??
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having done as you suggested, the print has come out exactly the same, the colour fading into white on the lower third of the print. There is also a red and a green diagonal line running through the colour portion
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksMake sure that the power is turned on.Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes twice, then release it immediately.The machine starts cleaning the print head.The cleaning will be complete when the ON lamp lights after flashing.Do not perform any other operations until the machine completes the cleaning of the print head. This takes about 30 seconds.Check if it is now printing correctlyLet me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ON light was steady green when I heald down the stop button, it continued to be steady green, no alarm flashing appeared. The print just the same !
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal print head that has faulted. Its not controlling the ink correctly and why you get this result I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you