Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a Canon Selphy CP810. I last used it with my Mac 2

I have a Canon Selphy CP810. I last used it with my Mac 2 weeks ago to print about 15 4x6 cards.
Today it won't work. The light comes on when the button is pressed, Canon shows up in the on board screen, then nothing. The Menu won't work , the On button if pressed won't turn the printer Off. The computer link shows as not connected.
Same leads from computer as last time etc. installed latest Canon driver. NBG.
I also tried the printer stand alone with an SD card. Still no joy.
Dead board??
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that already. No difference
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksHave you tried it on a different power socket to rue this out Ron?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that too. I am pretty familiar with computers so this is the "last chance saloon" before chucking it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ron, it can only be caused by residual power build up, an issue with power or the mainboard.It confirms its the mainboard thats at fault, as the menu is not working or the Firmware is not loading, it points to the onboard memory that's the culprit. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If the warranty as expired, for this type of repair, avoid it, in the long run it is much cheaper to purchase a replacement with the cost of printers currently, and the limited warranty you get on the repair. If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you