Viet - Camera Tech
Viet - Camera Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot digital cameras.
30037186

Mother has an MP490 and had been printing directly from

Mother has an MP490 and had been printing directly from 256mb SD card. Camera failed so replaced it, now nothing is recognised from new card which is a 64gb
Is the issue the size of the card and older printer?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Viet - Camera Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Yes, the size / type of the memory card is the issue. The Canon printer model MP490 does not support SDXC memory card type, which has size of 64GB or higher. The Canon MP490 only supports SD card type, which has size of 2GB or less, and SDHC card type, which has size of 32GB, or less. So please get an SD or SDHC memory card type, then it will work with your printer. (I recommend to get an SDHC 32GB memory card for highest storage.)Do you have any further question and/or do you need anything else for now?Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.