nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

My Canon Pixma MG2950 printer/scanner will not scan since

My Canon Pixma MG2950 printer/scanner will not scan since upgrading to Windows 10. The printer works fine. What should I do?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 10 months ago.

Hi Diana. Welcome to justanswer.

As you have updated the operating system to Windows 10, you need to update the compatible drivers for your printer also.

CLICK HERE and download the driver. Install the file on your system and you will be good to go.

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.

Hi Diana,

As you have rated my services poorly, may I ask what is the reason.

If your issue is not resolved or if you are having any query then please reply so that I could assist you better.

Negative rating affects my performance. So please respond so that necessary assistance can be provided.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
For the past 2 days I have had a notice on my desktop saying Acquiring information on latest driver and software - please wait. I cannot remove it and nothing has happened. I am now downloading it again.

Uninstall the old canon drivers from your system and then download the drivers from the link provided earlier by me.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't want to uninstall anything until I have the printer working properly. Having downloaded again, when I try to install it says Can't create output file. Am now going to bed!

Reply once you get time and I will guide you through.

Hi Diana,

Can you tell me the type of file which has been downloaded to your system. Is it .zip file or .exe?

Expert:  nathan_mills replied 9 months ago.

This is to inform you that if you don`t wish to continue then please change the rating to positive and I will file your request for refund. If you want to continue then then please reply so that further assistance can be provided.

Regards Nathan

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry, I've been very busy, hopefully I'll have time tomorrow to continue. It is an exe, by the way.

Do you have Winzip extractor on your system. It is a zipped file. You need to extract its contents.

If you don`t have then download it from here. CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This download doesn't mention Windows 10, only 2000, Vista, XP or 7.

let me check that for you.

Download it from here. CLICK HERE and just press Download winzip now

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK done

Now open the file which you previously downloaded from Canon`s site.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It still says can't create output file

Can you download it again from the Canon`s link which I provided earlier.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Our broadband connection is extremely slow. I am downloading again now, but there are still 8 minutes to go, so will finish for the night once it has finished.

Okay. Once it is finished, check the icon of the downloaded file. Is it the winzip file or not?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The icon is the same as the last one with the same result. I'm now signing off for the night.

Okay we will continue the troubleshooting tomorrow.

Hi Diana, Can we start the troubleshooting?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've done it, thanks to a download sent from Canon. Thanks for the help.

Please chage the rating Diana.

nathan_mills, Other
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.