Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

Canon MV450i Using an s-video cable I can't playback both

Canon MV450i
Using an s-video cable I can't playback both video and audio on my VCR - do I need extra cabling please?
Pam Anderton
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with almost 30 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

S-Video is for video only. You will need to use audio cables as well. The VCR should also have an AV input. This is an optional connection but you will need the AV cable for the camera. This is the better option but you'll most likely need to pick up the cable on EBay. You may be able to pick up the audio cable for the S-Video set-up at a local store like Best Buy or Radio Shack. Either set-up will work just fine, the AV cable is just less wire to contend with.

Please provide a positive Rating so that I may be credited for my efforts.
If I can be of further assistance, please askrather than leave a negative response.

Thank You

Rick