Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

My Cannon 600D camera has developed a fault. when I switch

My Cannon 600D camera has developed a fault. when I switch the camera on all looks good, I take a picture and the shutter seems to freeze, no picture is taken and I can no longer operate the camera. if I take battery out and put back in and try again it all looks good again and then does the same. I have tried it with different lenses.
David
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi David.

Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with almost 30 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

It sounds like a shutter failure and actually, it's common with all DSLR's. The cure is to replace the shutter and really isn’t a user serviceable problem. This should be repaired by a qualified technician. You may want to check locally for a camera repair shop in your area, or, if you need assistance finding a shop, please let me know and I'll locate one for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi RickSorry for delay getting back. I thought it might be, I am dissapointed as think I have only taken about 12,000 shots with it. I tried again last night and it sounds like the camera is taking a picture as normal, for about 3 or 4 times, but no picture displayed or saved, is this normal for this problem, sorry but just want to check before I give up. Regards David
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

If the shutter does not open, there is no image captured by the image sensor and thus, no image displayed.

Please provide a positive Rating so that I may be credited for my efforts.
If I can be of further assistance, please ask rather than leave a negative response.

Thank You

Rick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Thanks Rick