Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a Canon Pixma printer MG6250 showing on the LCD

I have a Canon Pixma printer MG6250 showing on the LCD screen "Ink absorber almost full".
What action needs to be taken and can I do this myself? Any advice will be gratefully received.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Lewis

Please do the following

1. Make sure the printer is turned off.
  2. Press and hold the Resume button (triangle inside a circle).
  3. Whilst it is held down, hold down the Power button. The green led light should come on.
  4. Keep the Power button held down. Release the Resume button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.
  5. Release the Power button.
  6. Press the Resume button four times and then press the Power button straight after to confirm the selected action (Reset Counter Absorber).
  7. Turn off the printer and then turn it on again

Tell me if this clears it please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for this, Richard, but there is no "Resume" button : apart from the on/off button all the others are the touch system and are not visible unless the power is on. Is there an alternative approach?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

The resume is the start color button on the very right, above color

You see this there?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, Richard, there is no such button above color or elsewhere.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

very strange as that is for your model.

You see a stop button?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but the stop button is only visible when printing is in progress.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Does it look like this?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NRmLyUs6di0/hqdefault.jpg

As that is 6250

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but without the word "start" and the printer is labelled MG6250.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

yes, thats the model, yours bfor some reason is a little different but you see the box button on the right correct? Where it says colour in the picture I gave you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but this only shows when the power is on. What sequence are you now suggesting?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

ok, do this then please

1. Power it off
  2. Press and hold the Colour Box button even if it is not there, but where it will come on.
  4. Keep the Power button held down. Release the colour button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.
  5. Release the Power button.
  6. Press the colour button four times and then press the Power button straight after to confirm the selected action (Reset Counter Absorber).

Tell me if this clears it please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This does not work. The colour button does not light up. However, I released and pressed twice. It did not change colour but the printer came on showing the Error Notice the subject of my enquiry.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

So it does not light up at all anymore Lewis?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but not until I released the button before pressing twice to follow your para 4 but there no was no change of colour.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Ok, its not the waste toner that's at issue else we would have had this reset.

It is the mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Richard. I think it will be a replacement as we have had this printer for several years and it works quite hard. I have appreciated your help.Regards,Lewis
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Your welcome Lewis and yes, if you need to pay for the repair due to the warranty expiring, I would avoid that.