Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a canon pixma MG7150. It is 20months old. The printer

I have a canon pixma MG7150. It is 20months old. The printer gets used every day but not very heavily. Halfway through printing yesterday it stopped and a message came up on the screen. "The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head" with a support code of 1403. I removed the print head and cleaned it. Soaked and cleaned with print head cleaning fluid. Re installed the print head. and turned back on. The printer go's through its start up routine and the flashes up the same message. Can you advise me what to do please ? Mik S.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you see any dried ink on the print head at all still?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NO
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

thanks

A faulting ink cartridge can cause this error.

Have you replaced all ink cartridges to see if this rules it out Mik?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All ink cartridges are around 90% full, and I have printed things with them before this fault came up.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

I understand, but we need to rule out that one of them is faulty please

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have not got a complete set of 6 cartridges to change. And it was working fine.
I changed 2 last week and they were not totally empty, should i try putting them back in ?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

yes please, I just want to rule this out

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No luck. Still get same message
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

It is the internal print head that has faulted. This now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is the second canon pixma printer that I have had. It is also the second print head problem I have had. It is also the second printer that have had a problem when it is out of warranty (this one by 10 months, the last one by 6 months).
I am so pleased that I haven't had the same experience with my 2 x canon DSLR cameras Time to try a different make I think.!
ANY SUGGESTIONS ?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

I would recommend Epson. I fix printers all day every day and they are easily the most reliable Mik.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you Richard.
Thanks for your endeavours with me.
Your response has been excellent.
Shame about the result, I just ordered some more ink cartridges for spare.(4 sets)
Now I need a new printer and I can pretty much guarantee that it will not take the same ones. AGAIN !!!!!
BYE.
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Sorry about the outcome, I wish it was more positive but I can only do what's possible sorry

if you need anything else, please let me know

And please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman