Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Once again I have a problem importing 6D.RAW into Aperture.

Customer Question

Once again I have a problem importing 6D.RAW into Aperture. The shots look fine in camera&canon software, but, when I import so as to edit & file, they go DARK by 2 stops or more. By increasing exposure then washes out the sky. -
I know I will have to upgrade soon to El-Capitan (OS), then some work software won't work.
Is there the same problem with Final-Cut ? - Ray
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ray,

6D RAW support is only available with Aperture 3.4 or later.

Please confirm which version of Aperture you are using?

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

When you say they look darker, what do they look darker than? (do you mean they look darker than the image on the camera, or something else?)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Helo Pete - It's vers3.6 - and did work last summer after buying the camera. The image looks fine on Camera, & Canon download (my backup), then while downloading to Aperture the image appears, then goes dark.
I aslo discovered yesterday that the CAM6D firmware has changed from 1.1.3 to 1.1.6 so I'm getting a mini disk card to transfer new firmware. I've already updated the Canon Utility Software.
Have enclosed a shot from last weekend - HP&Bridge -- in Canon you can see brick work detail in bridge arches... Ray
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

The camera will save two files - a JPEG file and a RAW file.

It is normal for RAW images to appear slightly darker than JPEG images.

The file you are viewing on the camera is the JPEG file, so you will not see the true RAW image until you download it to the computer.

Let me know if the firmware update improves this for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello- yes the new firmware did improve by about 1stop. Just slightly darker now. I suppose I'll have to keep an eye for Firmware changes , Canon Utility changes & upload. (OR go back to FILM!!). I only switched to Canon because Fuji RAW was no longer supported by Aperture. Will also try increasing ISO a little. Ray
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, a future firmware update should do the trick!

Best,

Pete.