Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I am getting extremely fed up with MIG. I scan what I want

Customer Question

Hello. I am getting extremely fed up with MIG. I scan what I want but then see no way in which to transfer the items to my normal folders on my PC. This renders MIG utterly useless. Can I scan with my Canon MG6650 without going through MIG?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think you ought to be able to scan with other programs. If you do not have those other programs, meant and designed by Canon to be compatible with its scanning hardware in its printers, then you ought to be able to install those other programs for scanning, at my instructions.

But tell me two things first, please:

- What is 'MIG' ?

- and, do you have an Apple computer, or a Windows PC? and whichever it is, what version of the MAC OS X or what version of the Windows operating system, is on it ?