nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a Pixma MG6150 (serial no. MC-4957-V1.00 or

I have a Pixma MG6150 (serial no. MC-4957-V1.00 or MC5078-V1.00?). Tried printing a document, but message appeared on my PC screen to the effect that it did not recognise ink cartridge PGBK. This is the only time this message has appeared. But on the printer's home screen, each time I've switched on, another message has appeared under the heading "C000" - "Printer error has occurred. Turn off power, then back on again. If problem persists, see the manual". Consulted the on-line manual and followed the instruction to switch printer off, then on again on three occasions without success. Also disconnected the printer's power supply on two occasions, but made no difference. Tried to check the PGBK cartridge but the cartridge compartment will not slide to allow me access to it. Please advise.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi Lynn. Welcome to justanswer.

C000 is a diffuse error in the Canon printers and can occur for several different reasons. This can be due to problems in the purge unit, or mis-seating of the ink cartridges . I recommend that we proceed with checking the ink cartridges, as issues in the purge unit require Canon repair or replacement of the printer.

If you turn the computer on and set it up for replacing the ink cartridges, does it move the print-head carriage to the replacement position?

Reply so that we can proceed further

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Switched printer on again and this time the print-head carriage did move and allowed me access to ink cartridge PGBK. It was out of position, so I pressed it down to its correct position. Mystery is I've not touched that cartridge recently, and when I last used the printer yesterday, it worked fine! Anyway problem now solved. Thanks a lot for responding so quickly, but in the circumstances, is it still £20 that I pay?

That's great that your problem is resolved. Are you asking for a refund?
Please rate my services positively.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Happy to receive a refund of course, but the reason I asked the question was to confirm what I was to pay, as I'd never used this service previously.

Yes Lynn, you will be charge £20. I thought you were asking about refund.