Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

Cannon Pixma iP4200 printer has resume button flashing

Cannon Pixma iP4200 printer has resume button flashing orange in groups of 5.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Unplugging did not work
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, please do the following

1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.

Does this clear it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still showing the flashes
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No change
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, open the printer so the ink comes to the center, take out the ink, then you should see a grey lever to the side of the printhead (where the ink sits in it)

You see this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
have tried something similar but go on
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, remove it, clean it with a cloth and then put it back in and tell me if it now functions please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still flashing
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

It is the printer head that has faulted. This now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Printer too old to be worth the expense. Have to write it off to experience.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
A new printer I guess.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok.. but why are you making a complaint about me indicating I was rude or incorrect?

How is this the case and why would you turn around and do that to me???

This is really a pity as it ensures a black mark against my name and nothing for working with you

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, you handled it ok, just my disappointment, happy to submit new rating.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, would you make it at least an OK?? as a poor rating you just made is bad as well...

Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

If you can please click at least 3 stars, that would remove the complaint about me and the way I provided the service (as your rating my service),

If you can do this please, it would be appreciated.

Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman