Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I use Windows 7 on my desktop and cannot afford to move to a

Customer Question

I use Windows 7 on my desktop and cannot afford to move to a new computer with Windows 10 until 2017.
I purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 recently and I cannot get it to work. Consequently, the purchase has been a complete waste of money (about £70!) so far. I have a Canon Eos 50 D and, for many years, my images (about 9000) have been stored on Canon ZoomBrowser Ex.
Though I think I have loaded most of the images into the Organiser, I cannot get any of them to appear for editing purposes when I open the Photoshop work page.
(Until a few months ago, I used to use elements 6 and didn’t have this problem).
I wish someone from either Canon or Adobe could help me with step by step advice so that I can sort my problem and get started as I am extremely frustrated with not being able to work on my images!
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Can you open an image file in the Image window?

Go to the Image window.

Go to File

then go to Open

and navigate to a file, then open it.

Does that work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell H. I'm afraid I have not been able as yet to try your advice as I have been on holiday and will not be back at my desk for another two weeks - sorry for the long silence. I should have explained!
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Don't worry. I don't blame you - holidays are worth enjoying. And, if you were away from the computer, then of course you couldn't work on it. Get to it - and get back to me - whenever convenient. Thank you for keeping me posted.