RUSSTING
RUSSTING, Technician
Experience:  30 years as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of digital camera operation and repair.
24675295

Fuji Fine Pix DSL Camera. When Photo option is selected,

Customer Question

Fuji Fine Pix DSL Camera.
When Photo option is selected, coloured banding appears in both viewfinders instead of the "picture" one would expect. Can anything be done aout this ?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  RUSSTING replied 1 year ago.

Please reset the camera to the default setting (this function is in the setup menu). If you are unable to figure out how to do this, I will need to know the exact model of your camera.

If the reset does not restore the shooting view, then. unfortunately, the symptoms indicate that there is a problem with the ccd (the light sensitive chip that produces the image)or the connection to it, professional repair or replacement is really the only option and while your camera is not on a list of Finepix cameras on a free repair program, the information at the link below does fully explain the problem and tells how others handled it. Since more and more newer models have the identical problem the info may give you some leverage with Fuji. You are now the 3rd person in a three month period, with a digital camera that I have advised of this problem. Click on or copy and paste the link into your browser

http://www.imaging-resource.com/badccds.html

Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well. If the "do it yourself" approach doesn't work out for you and you need conventional repair, please let me know.

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied.

If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate or has provided a reasonable alternative solution, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.