Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

Canon EOS 5D mk 11 have just found out the sensor is

canon EOS 5D mk 11 have just found out the sensor is marked.? taken a few pics since and cant see any difference. how much to replace or cure problem. cheers david
JA: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I took the camera to a professional shop and was told that the marked sensor made it not worth buying
JA: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with almost 30 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

If there is a scratch on the low pass filter it will need to be replaced by Canon Service and the cost is determined by Canon at the time of the repair. In other words, they will provide you with an estimate for the repair first. In the U.S., this usually runs over $500.