Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My Canon Pixma iP2600 will not print. It keeps saying an

My Canon Pixma iP2600 will not print. It keeps saying an error occurred.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. I could hear the printer printing but it hadn't taken the paper. The orange light is now on.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Can you open the printer up and wipe the inside of it down with a damp cloth, Make sure to wipe the rollers clean.

Also where the paper goes in.

Then check for any foreign objects that may have fallen in or any ripped paper.

Once done, wait 15 minutes for the printer to dry, then close it up and try to print.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No that didn't work. The printer now says An error occurred and the orange light came on. Trouble started when I installed Microsoft 10. Think I need a new printer.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

ok, before we conclude this, I want you to reinstall the printer please.

To do this, close all programs.

Click the start button, type in

device and click on devices and printers.

Right click on your printer and select remove.

Once done, restart the computer and install the printer again like when you first received it.

Tell me if it now prints please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

I have offered it as you requested.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Richard. I did reply that my request for Secure Remote Assistant was sent in error. I also said that I had removed the printer and then reinstalled it and I got the message that Windows cannot print due to a problem with printer set up. I am willing to
rate you but my problem wasn't solved. The printer is still not working and when switched on the orange light comes on immediately.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi Pat

Sorry but no message was received after I posted the request, possibly something went wrong.

But if following the reinstallation this still happens, then it is the internal mainboard that has faulted in the printer, everything else has been ruled out

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Camera Repair
Experience: Camera Repairman
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Richard. Thank you for your reply. The printer is out of guarantee so I'll just have to get a new one. Thanks for your help.