michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have a Canon MG2950 printer I'm looking assissance about

Customer Question

hello,. I have a Canon MG2950 printer I'm looking for some assissance about my printer I'm trying to print and it says its offline. however the wifi light is blue and the letter b light is orange the power light is green.
I recently changed my internet box as it broke so therefore have a new wifi pw . could this be the problem?
thankyou :)
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Step1. unplug the router power and let it sit for 2 mins power it back on and wait another 2 misn to let the router boot up.
step2. Unplug the printer power and follow the same steps as you followed with the router.
The printer must be good to print, let me know if the problem persists.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have a plug that connects from the printer to the plug socket for the power. I tried this already and didn't work.

did you follow the power cycle to the wireless router.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the power cable connects to a little grey box at the back of the printer I'm not sure if that's what you mean? but it does not disconnect from the printer, its screwed in. I can only remove the cable from the box. :S

that is also what i am talking about however the first device which i want you to power cycle is the wifi router or if you call it as a modem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just turned my router off and on again and still it appears to say offline, I have changed routers recently and this is the first time using it do you think I need to connect it to this router using the new wifi pw?

if you have changed the router then the entire settings needs to be reconfigured again.

Uninstall printer driver from the computer and then restart the computer before reinsalling it back again. you can choose wifi during the installation of the printer driver that will solve the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou so much I will try this and let you know.

sure i will wait for your reply.