Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

My canon EOS11200D has the red light flashing and not

My canon EOS11200D has the red light flashing and not knowing what it was for I took the battery out as I had just re-charged it and put it back in, I took a couple of pics with it and then it started flashing again and I can't take any pics with it now - can you help please?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome
Can you remove the battery please then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.
Wait 5 minutes, put the battery back in and turn it on.
Tell me please if it now operates correctly

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that and taken a couple of pics on taking the 2nd pic the light has stayed on
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you put a different memory card in the camera and tell me if your able to take photos with that please?

This will rule out if the card is at fault.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
changed the memory card and the light has gone out after taking a pic put it lights up when I take the pic
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. This now confirms it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou very much