nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

How can I print place name cards (8.6 cm x 7.0 cm) on my

How can I print place name cards (8.6 cm x 7.0 cm) on my Canon MX925 printer?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 10 months ago.

Hi Richard.Welcome to justanswer.

You need to first load the cards/paper into the machine. To do that, Pull out the cassette (upper) from the machine.

Slide the paper guide (A) in front and (B) on the right to open the guides. (Check the attached images).

Load the paper stack WITH THE PRINT SIDE FACING DOWN, and place it in the center of the cassette (upper).

Align the paper stack with the edge of the cassette (upper) as shown in the figure below.

If the paper stack is in contact with the protrusions (C), the paper may not be fed properly. If paper has print side (front or back), such as photo paper, load it with the whiter side (or glossy side) facing down.

Once you have done this much, reply for further assistance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Nathan. I have placed the cards in the upper tray and adjusted the slides. However I'm unable to adjust the 'A' slide up enough to meet the bottom of the paper. When I try to print I get an error message telling me that there's no paper in the tray.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Nathan. Did you receive my last message? Richard

Yes Richard. Sorry for the delay.

The 'A' slide doesn't move at all?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the 'A' slide does move, but as I'm using place name cards which are 8.6 cm x 7.0 cm the slide can't go up far enough to meet the bottom of the paper.

Then pull out the lower cassette from the machine

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Same issue here - I can't adjust the slide up far enough to meet the bottom of the paper.

That's for the envelope. It should be enough for the size that you specified. Check this image

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Slide 'A' is approx 13.3 cm (at it's highest position) away from the top and as my paper size is 7.0 cm this seems to be where the problem is.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Would it help to Skype?

Sorry I won't be able to do that right now. I will try to help you through this only.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is what I mean

Richard, as I can see the image which you sent. This will be printed through the Upper tray only. Is the paper size big for the upper cassette tray?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Lower size paper tray slide 'A' distance to top is even bigger - over 19.5 cm!

The minimum size for upper tray is 89.0 x 127.0 mm i.e 8.9x12.7cm

Can you increase the card size by 2 cm?

Can you increase the card size by 2 cm?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how do I get around this issue? The card size is standard table name place size.

You can make these cards through Microsoft Word.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's possible that you can but I have already purchased 200 of them to print on to. Does my Canon printer (model MX925) not support this facility? My old Canon printer did.

You can print on non-standard size paper (with this printer) within the following ranges.

cassette (upper)

- Minimum size: 3.50 x 5.00 inches (89.0 x 127.0 mm)

- Maximum size: 7.87 x 7.28 inches* (200.0 x 184.9 mm*)

cassette (lower)

- Minimum size: 3.54 x 7.29 inches* (90.0 x 185.0 mm*)

- Maximum size: 8.50 x 14.00 inches (215.9 x 355.6 mm)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
looking at the table of paper sizes which you've kindly just sent to me my printer can't print on to paper of this size. Am I correct?

Yes. I am sorry but your printer doesn't support this size.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That's a pity. Thank's for your help Nathan.

Would you like to rate my service positively?

Richard, you can rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services.

nathan_mills, Other
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.