nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

My fuji fine pics camera will download photos to the

My fuji fine pics camera will download photos to the computer but they are in a format the computer can't open. The files all have a .jpg extension though. Can you help please?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 9 months ago.

Hi Sue. Welcome to justanswer.

Is your camera being shown in your computer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can see the camera and the images but not all the images are showing as pictures although all say that they are .jpg files. If I click on one of the images that are not showing the picture it says they cannot be opened

Right click on any image and choose open with. Choose a different program to open pictures

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have tried to open them with irfanview and get the messageUnknown file format, empty/damaged file or file not found
(for unicode files please activate the Unicode Plugin in 'Properties->languages')

Can you opt for remote assistance so that I can access your computer and resolve the issue?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The photos were taken on the little red camera setting
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the photos are deleted from my camera now though accidentally but they are saved in a folder

Oh then those are only temporary files

Are they greyed out?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ahh I see that I will have to pay extra for the remote assistance I don't really want to do that as I have now altered the camera setting to auto and the pictures seem to download OK. The other photos were saved by myself from the camera to the file where I wanted to store them. Would it make a difference to the format of the file by changing the setting? I didn't think this mattered as long as the extension of the file was the same.

No, if the photos are saved on the computer then changing the settings on the camera will not alter anything to those photos

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I realise that it won't change them once they are saved but they were like that before I saved them to the computer

Are you using Windows?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What I wanted to know is if I take photos on the setting in the auto mode would this cause the problem. Yes I am using Windows 10
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have checked all my drivers on the computer are up to date

Auto mode will not casue any issue. Now go to the images that are not opening. Right click on any one. Go to Properties and tell me what is the size of the image

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it seems to all be working as should be now. But the corrupted file thing has happened twice.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2.21.x 2.21mb

That maybe the problem with the memory card

Take all the photos from the memory card and then format the card once. This will resolve the issue.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok... I will do that.... thanks

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If I still have the problem then I'll get back to you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will... thanks

Yes sure. I will mark the question to remain open in case you need any help

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Bye for now

Don't forget to rate the chat. Bye

nathan_mills, Other
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.