nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have lost the connection lead (my 9 year old camera EOS40D

I have lost the connection lead (my 9 year old camera EOS40D to my PC). Can I get a replacement? Is there any other way of transferring photos to a PC. I have tried directly connecting the Compact Flash card ,using a CF reader, to several PCs but the PCs reads it as a printer and refuses to open the photo files on the CF card
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi Stephen. Welcome to justanswer.

CLICK HERE to buy a replacement cable

Let me know if you have any other query

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but they are out of stock at Amazon any other sources?
Stephen

Yes, you can buy it from here.

CLICK HERE TO BUY

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Other questions but only if they come within your time remit?
1. Still puzzled why my CF reader does not work maybe I should buy another reader or is this a common problem?
2. Should I be tempted to replace the camera body with a new one? Technology must have moved on eg using a large CF card seems a bit outdated today. Its also quite heavy but maybe even the new ones are heavy too? I don't use this camera much but after 10 years it might be time for a change. I appreciate this a general ? but would be interested in your instinctive reply!
thanks
Stephen retired living mostly in France

No it is not a common issue. There maybe some wrong settings. I can have a look at your computer through secure connect if you want.

And are you asking about buying a new camera?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to know if cameras such as mine have 'moved on' dramatically in the last 10 years? And if so how?
It was just your instinctive response as an expert I was interested in (it could help me justify a new replacement!)

No need to replace the camera if it is working fine (unless you are interested in spending unnecessary money). If it is causing some serious issues then you can think of replacing. Otherwise I won't advise you to go for another.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. I will rate now..
Stephen

Thanks for the ratings Stephen. Have a good day. Cheers!