nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

Canon EOS 50D error 99

Canon EOS 50D error 99
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi Patrick. Welcome to justanswer.

Does this error comes with all the lens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Turn on the camera and while it is on, just Open the flash card door and when the door slides just push it back. This will reset the camera. Check if the error goes away or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
looks like it as repaired, works ok but blue light come on when power is turned off and only goes out when the battery is removed.

Error is still present?

Do the reset once again as I instructed you to.

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nathan
Sorry I did 't get back to you last night I was out.
However I did has you said and my camera as come a live again, but with lots of problems, no auto focus, no review.
After s/w on camera will take one picture after that the camera is dead until I s/w off and on again then I can see the files that are on the flash card. I have re cleaned the contacts.Pastrick

Patrick there is some problem in the software of the camera because of which the error 99 came. It went away with the method that I advised but since the problem is still there, these small glitches are occurring. How old is your camera?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure but 4 years old not had a lot of us. What do I need to connect to may PC.

You can connect via usb cable but the software I am talking about is the firmware. And a fresh copy of firmware can only be installed by the Canon

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Nathan what are my options now

You can try updating the firmware if its not the latest. You can download the firmware from this Link. CLICK HERE.

And if you can manage to click pictures by switching it off and on, then try doing that else you will need to take it to canon and they will install a fresh copy of firmware but you will be charged for the service.