Readyrmca
Readyrmca, Technician
Experience:  Over 1000 Camera and Video Accepts!!!!
30429915

Canon M5350 showing error B200

canon M5350 showing error B200
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Readyrmca replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** it would be my pleasure to help with your issue today.

The B200 error code is generated normally due to a couple of different issues. The first would be something jammed in the print spool such as a piece of paper. I'm sure you've already checked that, but check for me to make sure that there is no paper caught in the feeder.

Have you recently replaced an ink cartridge in the printer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I havent changed any ink laetly

If you don't have anything stuck in the feeder, then there are two more possibilities that can cause this to happen. The first and easiest to check is the ink cartridges.Try removing and re-seating the cartridges and if that doesn't work, try replacing them one at a time to see if you can determine which is causing the issue. If you replace both of them and still have the same error, try powering it down and un-plugging it again for a few minutes and try powering it on again. Let me know how this goes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no change

Unfortunately if neither of those solutions worked, then the print head is damaged in the printer. How long have you had this printer?

I have done some research for you on the cost of a new print head for your model. It looks like the cost of a new print head is $75-100 USD. I normally try to use a 50% method with most consumer electronics. If the cost of repairing is more than 50% of the value of the item, then it's usually not cost effective to repair and should be replaced. With the fast-moving nature of printer technology and cost, you will be much better off to replace the printer than to try and have it repaired. I know this isn't the news that you were looking for, but the general life cycle of a printer is 3-5 years if extreme care is taken to keep it clean, free of dust, and in good working order. If you would like me to recommend a replacement for you that will fulfill your needs, please let me know any requirements that you have in a replacement and I'll be happy to help you find the best option for your money.

Hope I've been helpful. Please let me know if there's anything else that I can do to assist you. Please don't forget to rate me and have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank you I thought it was knackered but it was good to get the expert advice.
I will now scrap it.
Thanks again.
Cheers.
Steve HODDER