JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has supported a range of camera and video devies from SLR's to TV camera's
75967336

I have a XP90 that has a damaged screen is it possible to

Good morning, I have a XP90 that has a damaged screen is it possible to get it repaired?
Andy Barber
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Andy,

You can get the screen replaced, however it is rather expensive due to the waterproof nature of the camera.

Depending on if the LCD screen itself has cracked, or the case (plastic part which covers the screen).

A typical price for the screen (parts and labour) is £90, if its the case as well your getting on to £150, at which point its cheaper to replace the camera.

If you would like me to recommend a repair centre to have the repair done please let me know your postcode.

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks James, I did think that would be the case. The camera is my daughters and is still usable - just! so I'm assuming the case is still intact. Please could you recommend a repair centre my postcode is BH17 7YR and I'll see what she wants to do next.Best regardsAndy
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Andy,

I have used Direct Camera Repairs (01483 200639) in the past, they are a postal based company, but they are very efficient and can generally turn around repairs within a week.

In terms of locality wise we would normally suggest Jessops but there doesnt appear to be one in your area, for this reason would suggest you use an independent firm called Photo Professional, their number is *****(###) ###-#### and believe they are based in Poole.

James

Tel: 01483 200639
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks James, I examined the camera when my daughter returned home and to be honest there's just a few scretches. The camera is definitely usable. I think she may have over reacted! I will keep the information about the repairers to hand though just in case.