Readyrmca
Readyrmca, Technician
Experience:  Over 1000 Camera and Video Accepts!!!!
30429915

Finepix A610 I am trying to upload pictures from camera to

finepix A610 I am trying to upload pictures from camera to PC I have windows 10 and keep having message about MP navigator EX 4.0 which is installed for canon mp495 and I know that is ok. I presume it is because I have windows 10 Just will not upload my pictures
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Readyrmca replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** it would be my pleasure to help with your issue today.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok

The first thing that we need to do is determine if the issue is related to the camera, the transfer cable, or the computer.

The easiest way to do this is to eliminate the camera and the cable from the equation. To do this you will need to have either a card slot in your computer or an external USB card reader. If your computer doesn't have one, then you can purchase an external reader from most any store that sells consumer electronics or online for less than $10. This is a good tool to have and is an easy way to keep from having a chance of losing image due to corrupted memory cards.

If you don't have either of these, then you will need the camera connected to your computer's USB port and powered on in the playback mode. If it's a desktop computer, make sure to use a USB port in the back of the computer and not a front side port.

Once you have your camera's memory card connected using one of the above methods, go to the start icon in the bottom left corner of your screen and click "FILE EXPLORER".

For the remote assistance I will need you to click this link so we can start a connection.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
when I clicked your link I received error 404 don't understand

Once you get to the file explorer, go to "THIS PC", and there should be a removable disk there with a folder inside called DCIM.

Try this one.

CLICK HERE

Let me know what that one says and we should be able to start the session.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
when I click file explorer only document folders come up sorry

Are you clicking on file explorer, or just holding the cursor over it. There should be a whole list on the left hand side if you click on it with pictures documents, videos, etc. There should be one there that says "THIS PC"

How do you normally access the C: drive on your computer. It would be the same method as if you were going to the hard drive on your computer to see the folders.

Were you unable to get the second link to work. If not, I can try a different method for a java connection and take over for you with remote assistance and show you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I click on this pc only a few files come up none which correspond with what you are saying. I have evn typed d...in search but nothing comes up. Iif I have to go on c: drive I just click the c drive

I just wanted to make sure you could get there. Keep that window open. The next thing to do is remove the USB cable from the computer and try a different port. Try powering the camera off and back on, as well as putting the camera in the playback mode. When you put the camera in the playback mode with it connected to the PC, what do you see on the playback monitor on the camera itself?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have plugged usb into computer and not the hub as there are only two usb ports on computer. When i try to get playback all that comes up is mp navigator ex 4.00 which states it cannot start as the supported model is mp495 which is my printer

What do you see on the viewing screen on the camera?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
just usb

OK. That's good it is seeing that it's connected to your computer. The next thing to try is re-booting the computer with the camera plugged in and powered on in this mode with USB on the screen. If you're currently on the computer talking to me, I will remain here until you return. You can save this page to favorites and get right back into the chat.

If that doesn't work, then it may be with the version of Windows 10 that you are running. If you are running an early version of windows 10 there were some issues with USB devices.

Let me know what build of windows 10 you currently have. To do this Press Win+r to open a run window. In the run window type winver and press ok. It should pop up and you should be able to see the build there. Let me know what that build number is?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is odd I uploaded pictures from my camera yesterday. version windows 10 os build 10586.545

The issue should have been corrected at version 10576. It doesn't seem likely that a later version would cause the issue again.

Were you able to try re-booting the computer with it connected?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
why was able to upload yesterday ? of course I cannot find them probably did not save them. \my brain is certainly not working today
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I re-booted
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
should I re-install MP navigator On my devices it does show the camera

That is worth a shot. There shouldn't be any reason why you can't transfer just using windows independent of any software. To troubleshoot this further, you will need a card reader or a computer with a card reader. This way we can eliminate the camera and the cable as a possible cause of the issue. I suspect there's a file system issue with the memory card that is causing window's not to recognize it via the camera.

Here's a long article about other users of your camera that have had similar issues.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I haven#t a card reader and really do not want to purchase one. I will re-install MP navigator as first step then well don't know. Why did it upload yesterday and not today? will try a different cable and have a look at all comments. Thanks

No problem at all. Let me know if you still cannot get it solved. You may have to format the memory card in your camera, but you will want to get your pictures off the card first before you try that.