Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

Had Cannon MP499 for several years. Been brilliant. This

Hi, had Cannon MP499 for several years. Been brilliant. This morning plugged my apple lap top into it as usual. It switched on as usual but then the numbers panel started flashing E and the triangle with the lightning streak lit up. Message said communication error code 306, I have checked everything as normal, plugged in, powered on, properly connected. Now Ive got 8 things backed up as it sounds as if its beginning to print and then doesn't. do i need to cut my losses and buy another printer, and if so is there one you can recommend that is as close to this one and is age proof. Need urgently to print loads of stuff in next few days.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is*****'ll be glad to help you with your question today.

Unfortunately, there is no printer that is age proof but, if you were happy with the printer you have, you can always replace it with a new one of the same model. They are still on the market and available at most electronic or computer stores. Amazon.com has a list of sellers who have this printer in stock and if you need one right away, Staples sells them. Here's a link to there website with the information about the printer.

http://www.staples.co.uk/search?keywords=canon+mp499+printer&x=0&y=0&ajx=1

Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Just a note to see if I can be of any further assistance?

Rick

Please provide a positive Rating so that I may be credited for my efforts.
If I can be of further assistance, please ask rather than leave a negative response.

Thank You

Rick