Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a Canon MG5450 printer/scanner with an error code

Hi I have a Canon MG5450 printer/scanner with an error code 5011. How do I clear it please?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then open the cover where the ink goes in

Then wait 3 minutes, connect the power again (still with the cover open) , turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no change
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, a stuck carriage can cause this but we have now ruled this out

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.