Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have an old Canon MV600i digital video camera which has

I have an old Canon MV600i digital video camera which has stopped recording and replaying in the past few days. At it's age can it still be repaired and at what cost?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Given that it is a miniDV (digital tape) camera, its ceasing to record or playback might possibly be owing to a simple problem with the tape heads needing cleaning - which has to be done NOT repeat NOT by hand, but rather with specialty cleaning kits meant specifically for the very delicate and easily damaged digital video tape (DV) read and write heads.

Or it might require more expensive repairs. As for the cost, you would have to ask a Canon repair facility, or call 1-800-OK-CANON and ask them for an estimate of the cost of repairing this model of Canon DV tape camcorder.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, e.g. as to how to obtain a DV Tape Cleaning kit, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.