Rick
Rick, Technician
Experience:  I'm a photographic equipment technician with over 25 years in the business
47133069

Purchased DSLR 1DX from Calumet in July 2013. Due to

Purchased DSLR 1DX from Calumet in July 2013. Due to computer problem I had to delete software and now when I try to install the disc it will not completely run.
It will not accept DPP and skips to EOS utility and tells me there is a problem. Can you offer a resolution which will allow me to reinstall camera software.
Camera ref no. is 163018000213. Thanks in anticipation..........Bill
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is*****'m a camera repair technician with almost 30 years in the business and I'll be glad to help you with your question today.

Have you updated all the software? Many times this will cure the problem you are describing. This may also be an unknown compatibility issue. What operating system are you using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rick. I am using Windows 7. I have installed disc several times and eventually it seems to work, Somehow it will not open CD/DVD and gives a message ' How do you want to use this disc' and gives me the choice 'like a USB flash drive or
'with a CD/DVD player'. This seem to be more relating to burning a disc. Not sure if this is a different problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

The message you are referring to is a format option for a new CD or DVD. I'll send a request through so that we may have a live conversation and get your problem cleared up.