JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has supported a range of camera and video devies from SLR's to TV camera's
75967336

How can I get my wireless canon printer to link up with my

How can I get my wireless canon printer to link up with my iPad, th iPad says that an air printer is not found do u have any idea what this means and how I can resolve this problem, in setting the printing is setting is allow for photos only how do I change this to all documents. Ta for your help
Sarah
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Sarah,

What is the make and model of the printer your trying to connect to?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's a canon MG2950
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

The best way to print from an IPad or other IOS device is by downloading the Canon App called Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY from the App Store.

With the printer turned and the IPad connected to the same WIFI as the printer, open the app on the IPad

Click the Add Printer icon at the top left

Select Register Printer at the bottom

Select the MG2950 Printer from the list

When prompted connect the IPad to the Canon Setup WIFI connection

Follow the on screen instruction to pair your home WIFI connection

Then name the printer, and your done

A really good video showing the process can be found here, please let me know if you have an further queries, or need anything clarified.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Hi Sarah, I am sorry to hear I have provided you poor service, can you share why you have left negative feedback, and if there is anything more I can do to help you resolve your issue?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I tried what u suggested and it didn't work it said I had to do it on a lap top and the fact is I can already print from my laptop but not from my iPad so I have no left it and I will print out my docs at my mums house. Thanks for trying to help though
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

The app is designed for iOS devices so it should let you connect to the printer from an iPad or iPhone.

If you change your mind this weekend let me know and I'll try and help you through to get it to work.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am having difficulty filling in the star rating as I'm visually impared I want to rate you
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

That seems to now have worked, as I saw if you wish to try and get it working at another time just reply here