Viet - Camera Tech
Viet - Camera Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot digital cameras.
30037186

My printer has stopped working. It is an MG400 series.My Mac

My printer has stopped working. It is an MG400 series.My Mac computer is saying that it cannot find the printer. I have checked the plugs and attachments but it is still not working. What can I do please?
Celeste
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Viet - Camera Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable?

Can you please confirm the model of your printer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My printer is MG4250 and it is not connected to the computer with a USB cable as it is an air printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thank you. What's the status of the wi-fi / wireless light / icon on the printer's screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blue and it is not on the screen but below the screen

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

, then open the download file TeamViewerQS.dmg

, then tell me the ID and Password ***** the TeamViewer window.

; do not close the TeamViewer window.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID 287 128 687
PW - 8371

It looks like you closed down the TeamViewer window.

Please click on Finder, then click on Downloads

, then open the file TeamViewerQS.dmg

; do not close the TeamViewer window.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I di not close down the Team Viewer window. It is still on my desktop. The id was 287 128 687 and the Password ***** 8371.
Do you want me to start it all again?

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My printer is not working again. I was able to print something after you sorted it out but the same thing is happening again. I checked everything again, closed it down, unplugged it and waited for one minute, but it still does not work. What shall I do?

I'm sorry; it is strange. I will help again. Please try the following:

1. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem/router device(s) for a couple of minutes, then re-connect.

2. Turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for a couple of minutes, then re-connect, then turn on. Then wait a few minutes, then see if you can print something.

3. If that does not work, please do the following on the computer:

1. Make sure printer is powered on.
  2. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on System Preferences.
  3. Then click on Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax.)
  4. There, click on the Canon printer, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left, and confirm Yes to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Canon item showing there for now.
  5. Then click on the + (plus) button at bottom left, and see if it detects your Canon printer.
    - If yes, then click on the Canon printer, and add it.
  6. Then see if you can print now.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,