nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Other
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have a Canon Ixus 160 camera. I wish to download images

I have a Canon Ixus 160 camera. I wish to download images from my camera to my PC. I ihav connected the camera to the PC with the correct USM cable. Nothing happens. How should I proceed?
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 8 months ago.

Hi Alan. Welcome to justanswer.

Have you installed any software for your camera on to your system?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have previously downloaded photos from the camera without problems

Can you opt for Secure Remote Assistance so that I can connect to your computer and check what's the matter?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How much will that cost? I have alreadfy spent £13, plus the cost, £8 of a new USB cable to solve the problem, and still I am no further. Also, I do not like the idea of an unknown person having access to my computer

It will cost you £20. It is completely safe and secure (guaranteed). It's okay if you don't want Remote Assistance.

Can you tell me which OS is there on your system?

CLICK HERE and select your operating system from the list. Download both the software present there and install them on your computer. Once installation of both the programs is complete, connect your camera through usb cable and turn your camera on. Check if the problem is still there or not

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have done that and am told that thee is no software available for my PC-- Windowa Vista That is obviously the problem

Go to My Computer icon and check if your camera is listed there or not

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, it bis not listed

Is your camera turned on?

Try changing the usb port on your computer and connect the camera to a different usb port

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
my camera is turned on. I will try a different port
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried that. No difference

Do you have any other computer or laptop near you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will go to my laptop. That is Windows 10. It will take me a few minutes to log on

Okay no problem. Try in your laptop and then let me know

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Now plugged into laptop. Still no connection.

You have already replaced the usb cable?

Go to Computer icon on your laptop and check if the camera is listed under the drive list or not

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have tried everything. Nothing works. I have no more time to waste on this. I am no nearer a solution thah I was nearly 2 hours ago!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
34;yes", I have replaced the USB cable

Try replacing the memory card in your camera. If still no result then there is some issue in the port where the end of usb cable is connected in your camera. You can either get it repaired. The female port will be replaced. Fault would be in one of the pin inside that port. It will be a cheap repair. Till then you can transfer images directly by connecting the memory card to the laptop.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok. Thank you.

The port will cost less than 3£ excluding the repair charges.

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks

nathan_mills, Other
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.