JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has supported a range of camera and video devies from SLR's to TV camera's
75967336

I have a Canon G5X and have been experimenting with video

I have a Canon G5X and have been experimenting with video recording but on playback the volume is low and somewhat muffled. How can the volume be increased, either for recording or playback, or both? Many thanks
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Not really - it's a query relating to video on the Canon G5X camera
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  JamesI replied 12 months ago.

Unfortunately the sounds quality issues are most likely where insulation has been used to reduce noise from the camera mechanisms such as zooming, there is a thread which discusses this at length here.

In most cases I would suggest an external mic, but there isnt an option on your model, in terms of sensitivity of the inbuilt mic this isnt something you can change in the preferences. If you wanted to increase the volume of sound, you could do this in the production stage editing the sounds in a video editor on your computer.

I appreciate this wasnt the answer you were looking for, but it does appear to be a known defect with this model.

James