Russell H.
Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I have a relatively new cannon MG7750 printer and replaced

Customer Question

I have a relatively new cannon MG7750 printer and replaced all the colour cartridges and it said the new grey cartridge is not recognised so I bought another new GY cartridge and even that one is not being recognised either printer error 1410
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: what detasils do you require
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the light, LED, or lamp next to the gray cartridge, not coming On when the cartridge is inserted?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
comes on when the cartridge is inserted and stays on when all the other cartridges turn off once the machine is switched on again after being inserted

So the Gray cartridge is the only one that shows a light, in other words?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

That light signifies 'it must be replaced' or 'something is wrong in that slot'.

I think that you will need to try this:

1. remove the gray cartridge, set it aside on its side on a folded fresh paper towel, without touching the copper-colored contacts nor the inky underside (a cartridge is ruined if this is done.)

2. turn Off the printer, and unplug it from power.

3. leave that way for at least 5 minutes but no longer than 12 minutes or so (so that the cartridge doesn't dry out.)

4. turn it On, wait for it to initialize, and demand a gray cartridge.

5. put the gray cartridge back into its place. See if the printer manages to recognize it.