Richard, Camera Repair
Experience:  Camera Repairman
32989067

I have a canonMG5650 and it won't feed the paper.

Good Morning, I have a canonMG5650 and it won't feed the paper.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that and it is still the same. It try's to feed then there is a horrible noise as if something is either jamming or jumping a gear.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you remove the power, open it up and turn it upside down and shake it to allow anything you cannot see lodged, removed from the printer.

Then connect the power and tell me if it now works please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that and it's still the same. It appears that it can't pick up the paper to start the feed. It is under 2 years old.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal drive motor or gearing that has faulted, it is the only causes left

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this checked and replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.